A Unique Event Promoting Family Medicine Research
PAFP Family Medicine Essentials Summit and Research Day
Saturday, April 2, 2022
(Includes PAFP's Annual Business Meeting, too.)
Lancaster Marriott Downtown
Deadline: Friday, January 21, 2021
Includes: Tips for Researchers on building your best abstract
*Guidelines are updated for 2022 Research Day
A Look back on Highlights from Research Day 2021:
Research Day Award Winners
Oral Presentation Abstracts
2020 Research Day digital Compendium
RESEARCH DAY OBJECTIVES
- To foster research activities among family physicians, residents, and medical students
- To encourage practice-based research and quality improvement projects
- To foster the development of research and presentation skills
- To provide a forum in which physicians, residents, and medical students can present their research projects
RESEARCH DAY PROJECT CATEGORIES
- Case Study
- Quality Improvement Project
- Research Design
- Community/Public Health Project
RESEARCH DAY AWARDS / ORAL PRESENTATION AWARDS
- Best Student Project ($300)
- Best Resident Project ($300)
- Best Physician/Faculty/Fellow Project ($300)
- Mark A. Connelly, MD, Award for Best Overall Research Project ($300)
- Best in each category, ribbons awarded
ABOUT RESEARCH DAY
Research Day began in 1989 and has grown to become a key place for students, residents, and family physicians to present their research to a supportive audience of their peers, demonstrating the value of research to family medicine throughout one’s carreer.
The Mark Connelley, MD Award for Best Research Project honors the memory of PAFP member and past Research Day participant, Mark Connelley, MD (Williamsport) who was killed while serving in the Persian Gulf War.
Research Day is a featured track in the PAFP's March Live CME Conference, bringing a larger, broader audience of more than 200 physicians to participate in the research presentations, the poster presentations, and the awards reception.
The PAFP may take photographs and/or record audio and video at this event. By attending, you consent to the use of photographs, audio, and video recording of you by the PAFP and its designees in PAFP communications and promotions, or for any other lawful purpose.