New Presenter Guidelines for 2021 Virtual Research Day:
Deadlines at a glance:
| Abstract submission
||Friday, January 22, 2021
| Register online for Live CME Conference
||Friday, January 29, 2021
| Confirmation of acceptance
||Friday, January 29, 2021
| Submission of all project materials
||Friday, February 12, 2021
Presenter Details for Posters:
- Abstract submission deadline: Friday, January 22, 2021
- Confirmation of acceptance via email: Friday, January 29, 2021
Register online for the LIVE CME CONFERENCE by Friday, January 29, 2021
- Your pdf poster, pdf slides and a hyperlink to your zoom room must be submitted by deadline: Friday, February 12, 2021
*Additional details and links will be included in your acceptance email*
- Poster specs:
- please set the poster PDF dimensions to 8.5”X11”.
- We can include slideshows/PowerPoints 1280 by 720 pixels. The poster will show as the first slide. Maximum slide count: 10
- PPT files will be published as PDFs. We have a limit on file size of 25MB or less.
- Researchers who fail to meet the above deadlines will not be permitted to present.
- Virtual conference platform will host Poster Presentations, including your project title, poster design, slide presentation, abstract, author information and a link to your Zoom room (which you'll set up outside of the conference platform).
- Your Zoom room will host all Q&A for your project. You can choose to have video chat, text chat or both. You'll host the Zoom room on your Zoom account.
- Your project will be scheduled for one of the 45 minute poster sessions in the conference schedule: Friday or Saturday. You must attend & be logged into the conference platform ahead of the scheduled poster sessions, and must be live to host your Q&A in your Zoom room.
- Your poster judge will view your poster and meet up with you in your chat room as scheduled.
Presenter Details for Oral Presentations:
- Abstract Submission Deadline: Friday, January 22, 2021
- Notification of acceptance expected by: Friday, January 29, 2021
Register online for the LIVE CME CONFERENCE by: Friday, January 29, 2021
- Your slides, project abstract, presenter details and a head shot photo will be included on the conference platform.
Submit final slides and your photo by Friday, February 12, 2021.
*Additional details and links will be included in your acceptance for presentation email*
- Researchers who fail to meet the above deadlines will not be able to present.
- Oral presentations spots are limited, so our Research Day planning committee reviews submissions and selects only the strongest for presentation. Those oral presentation submissions not selected for the conference will be invited to present a poster instead. If you're invited to present a poster, see above for poster, slides, Zoom room detail deadlines.
- Oral presentations will run concurrently with the conference didactic sessions Friday and Saturday. Presentations will be scheduled for a 20-minute block: 15 minute presentation with 5 minute Q&A.
- Oral presentations will be pre-recorded and played live during the conference, to minimize impact of unexpected technical glitches. Our IT staff will facilitate these recordings. We'll work with you to schedule that recording session.
- Researchers must be available for live Q&A during their scheduled presentation window. Oral presentation Q&A will be hosted live on the conference virtual platform.
- Oral presentations are eligible for $300 cash prizes for best in category and an additional $300 for best overall research presentation.
Awards Recognition for Posters
First place posters will be selected for each of the following categories: Research Design, Quality Improvement Project, Case Study, Community Project. Consult guidelines for your project category for abstract structure standards and scoring rubric.
PAFP Judging Rubric for Oral Presentations
Tips: Building your Best Abstract
All submissions are made via the online abstract submission form for PAFP Research Day. When prompted, researchers will enter information related to their project. Please complete all of these fields.
All presenters must also register for the Live CME Conference via separate online event registration form. Presenters must be registered for the Live CME Conference for their projects to be considered for the event.
Consult guidelines for your project category for abstract structure standards and
The submission form for abstracts limits the length to 300 words. Make sure you’ve thoroughly edited and proofread your abstract prior to pasting in the text box.
Do not use all caps.
Avoid the use of medical jargon and excessive reliance on abbreviations.
Do select your words carefully – your selection is based on this information!
Take care when composing your title. Be descriptive, compelling.
Make the case for your project – why is it important?
Read other abstracts.
Use an active voice in present tense for the statement of the question (hypothesis) and conclusion.
Proof your work – and have others join in this process.
Read the instructions and follow them.