Help us find the state's best family physician!
A family physician is the person you go to when you're not feeling well, when you have questions about your health, when you need everything from vaccinations to prescriptions. There are thousands of excellent family physicians in Pennsylvania, and we want to hear why you think your family doctor is the best of all!
Does your family physician make house calls? Does she let you call her any time with questions and concerns? Maybe he takes care of multiple generations of your family.
Perhaps you work for a family physician. Does he go out of his way to treat his patients with kindness and respect? Does she often get to work early or stay late to ensure each patient gets the attention they deserve?
Tell us why your favorite family physician deserves to be the Pennsylvania Academy of Family Physicians' (PAFP) 2019 Family Physician of the Year!
Anyone can nominate their family physician for the 2019 Family Physician of the Year award by filling out the form below, but the family physician nominee must be a member of the PAFP. All nominations for the 2019 Family Physician of the Year award will be reviewed by the PAFP Nominations Committee. All nominations must have complete information according to the nomination form (below); any incomplete nomination will be disqualified by the PAFP Nominations Committee.
Nominate your favorite family physician!
Click the button below to go to the nomination form! You may nominate a family physician on your own, but we encourage you to run a campaign in your physician's office or hospital, or among friends and family, with a good mix of colleague and patient input. Be as thorough as you can - the more information you give us, the easier our decision will be!
CLICK HERE TO NOMINATE
The nomination deadline is Jan. 18, 2019.
Meet the past winners
- 2018: Dr. Michael Gaudiose (Chambersburg, Franklin County)
- 2017: Dr. Anna Doubeni (Philadelphia, Philadelphia County)
- 2017: Dr. Mary Fabian (Allentown, Lehigh County)
- 2016: Dr. Chris Echterling (Red Lion, York County)
- 2015: Dr. Richard Harker (Mechanicsburg, Cumberland County)
- 2014: Dr. Craig Johnston (Erie, Erie County)
- 2013: Dr. Elizabeth Edmunds (Reading, Berks County)
- 2012: Dr. Robert Fawcett (York, York County)
- 2011: Dr. Edmund Guelig (Wellsboro, Tioga County)
- 2010: Dr. James Devlin (Brockway, Jefferson County)
- 2009: Dr. Daniel Lovestrand (Seneca, Venango County)