WE'RE LOOKING FOR THE ULTIMATE public health champion.
In the age of COVID-19, the importance of public health leadership has taken on a greater urgency, as family physicians have found themselves not only facing the greatest public health threat in a century but advocating for resources and policies to continue combating the coronavirus. The PAFP is also filled with public health leaders who use their voices and efforts in public service, presenting to schools and the public on topics like smoking, providing medication-assisted therapy (MAT) for patients with opioid use disorder (OUD), and volunteering their time and abilities to serve disadvantaged populations.
Tell us why you, a friend, or a colleague deserves to be the Pennsylvania Academy of Family Physicians' (PAFP) 2021 Public Health Award winner!
The PAFP's Public Health Award winner will be a family physician who:
- Is a member of the Pennsylvania Academy of Family Physicians
- Is in good standing in their medical community
- Can effectively represent the specialty of family practice and the PAFP in public speaking
- Has demonstrated leadership and engagement in either a traditional public health organization or population and community health
- Is actively engaged within their health system or community
- Focuses efforts on areas including:
- Health equity
Anyone can nominate their family physician for the 2021 Public Health Award by filling out the form below, but the family physician nominee must be a member of the PAFP. All nominations for the 2021 Public Health Award will be reviewed by the PAFP Nominations Committee. All nominations must have complete information according to the nomination form (below); any incomplete nomination will be disqualified by the PAFP Nominations Committee.
Nominate A PAFP MEMBER
Click the button below to go to the nomination form! Be as thorough as you can - the more information you give us, the easier our decision will be!
CLICK HERE TO NOMINATE
The nomination deadline is Dec. 18, 2020.
Meet the past winners
2020: Jeffrey Martin (Lancaster, Lancaster County)
2019: Elizabeth George, MD (Mercersburg, Franklin County)