1. Review the Course Information
Title: Treating Chronic Pain in Non-Cancer Patients
Origin: Nemacolin CME Conference
Presenter: Gaspere Geraci, MD, FAAFP, FAIHQ, CHCQM, CPE & James Redka, MD
- Develop a longitudinal approach to the treatment of chronic long term pain in a FP setting;
- Determine how to leverage the FP relationship to obtain cooperation of patient, family and community support;
- Know how to use other health care resources to maximize patient function;
- Know how the health insurance industry obtains and uses information to authorize [or not] tests and treatments for chronic non-cancer pain.
Faculty Disclosure Statement: Dr. Gaspere Geraci is employed by AmeriHealth Caritas and will incorporate corporate materials. Dr. James Redka has no conflict of interest, financial agreement, or working affiliation with any group or organization. The speakers attested that their presentation will be free of all commercial bias toward a specific company and its products. The speakers indicated that the content of the presentation will include discussion of unapproved or investigational uses of products or devices.
CME Credits: 0.75 credits
Handouts: download here
Patient Safety (y/n): Yes
IMPORTANT: You Must Register to Receive CME Credits. Once you have completed the registration form and hit 'submit' you will automatically be re-directed back to this page and you can proceed to STEP 3
3. Watch the Video
4. Take the Post -Test
This enduring material, Treating Chronic Pain in Non-Cancer Patients, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 0.75 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME Certificate Explanation
You must complete the post-test as proof of participation in order to receive your CME certificate. After completion of the post-test, you will be directed to a webpage where you can download your CME certificate.