Exemplary Teaching Awards
The PAFP is accepting nominations for the 2017 Exemplary Teaching Awards. These awards were developed to acknowledge Academy members who deserve recognition for excellence in teaching and those who have implemented outstanding educational programs and/or developed innovative teaching models. The Pa winners will be the PAFP nominees for the AAFP Exemplary Teaching Awards.
One award will be presented in each of two separate categories:
Medical Students, residents, residency program directors, and chairs of departments of family medicine are encouraged to submit nominations. All teaching award nominations are reviewed by the The PAFP Nominations Committee. The PAFP awards will be presented at the 2017 Annual Meeting and Awards Gala on Friday, March 17, 2017, in Harrisburg, PA.
- Full-time and Part-time faculty
- Volunteer faculty
All nominations must include the following information to be eligible for consideration:
- Recognized for exemplary teaching skills by medical students, residents, or peers -or-
- Developed and implemented innovative new teaching model(s) or program(s) -and-
- Must be a current member of AAFP/PAFP.
- Completed nomination form (Full/Part-Time Teaching Award and Volunteer Teaching Award)
- A typed copy of a current Curriculum Vitae
- A minimum of three and a maximum of five letters of recommendation. At least two of the letters of recommendation must be submitted from individuals who are current or former students/residents who have been taught by the nominee.
Please mail, fax, or email complete nomination packets by Friday, February 10, 2017 to:
Molly Talley, Director of Resident and Student Initiatives
PA Academy of Family Physicians
2704 Commerce Drive, Suite A
Harrisburg, PA 17110
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Molly Talley or call 717-395-3885.