Your feedback is important to us!
Please complete the posttest and evaluation to receive your CME certificate.
Evidence-based recommendations in this presentation:
1. Every visit. Blood pressure (BP) target goal <130/80 mmHg
2. A1C (Hemoglobin A1c): Target goal <7.0% or <1% above lab norms.
3. Target goals (mg/dL): low-density lipoproteins (LDL) <100
The source of these recommendations is the National Guideline Clearinghouse. They can be found online at:
In general, items in the guidelines are included based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Published evidence demonstrated either the efficacy or the effectiveness of the item.
- Published studies on cost-identification, cost-effectiveness, or cost-benefit analysis of the item demonstrated favorable economic results.
- A preponderance of expert opinion held that the item is considered to be essential to the care of persons with diabetes.